Fake Bake Self Tanning Mousse

The british summer heat wave has disappeared along with it my natural tan, that lasted long didn't it :/

Now I'm turning back into my milk bottle self I need an instant tan, and for that I use & swear by Fake Bake mousse self tan. 
I have been using Fake Bake products for years....& I mean years! It has never steered me wrong. 
My two fave products from there self tanning range being the lotion & the instant mousse both giving me a beautiful golden bronze tan. Today I'm reviewing the mousse*.

First off the self tanner comes with a set of step by step instructions and a pair of reusable blue gloves to wear when applying the tan. The mousse bottle itself is a very luxurious looking, golden sturdy metal bottle with a mousse dispenser at the top that gives just the right amount of product. Make sure to shake this bottle well first, to combine the product and make it nice & thick. 
To achieve the best looking colour I exfoliate head to toe first, which you should do before any tan as this helps to achieve a smooth application & result.
Then pop on the blue gloves shake the bottle well & pump out some golden goodness. 
Fake Bake mousse gives instant colour that dries within seconds. The colour carries on developing throughout the day until the colour guide is washed off in the shower, so this means that when applied to the skin it has an instant colour pay off so you can see where you are putting the tan = no streaks! 
For this reason it's perfect for an on the go tan. Also because of its transfer resistant formula, the colour doesn't rub onto your clothes so it's great to pop a bit on your legs in the morning to give some colour & your set for the day.
For application my one tip would be that as the mousse is fast drying use small pumps & work in small sections at a time, this way I always achieve a streak free flawless tan.
Now the mousse doesn't give a bam in your face deep tan but a natural golden bronze. If you are looking for a deep tan I would highly suggest trying out Fake Bakes Original Lotion tan; again it has a colour guide but also contains two natural tanning agents DHA and Erythulose that work with the melanin cells that lie in the top layers of your skin to develop into a tan that compliments your skin tones.
Have you tried any Fake Bake products?

Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments

  1. I totally forgot about Fake Bake!
    *hangs head in shame* oopsie... I use to use the Fake Bake lotion for many years as well. I prefer using mousses now so I might have to try this one out the next time I'm running low. I love how the tan look's so natural and not too in your face.
    great post chicken!
    hope you're ok :) chanelle jade xx
    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :)
      ahh fake bake is my old faithful, can never go wrong with a bit of fake bake. xx

      Delete
  2. I've never used Fake Bake before but I'm so going to try it one day thanks to this blog post! Thank you!

    Alice X

    http://brushofbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. Let me know how you get on sweetie. xx

      Delete
  3. Great Post! I have spray tans every week (my mums a beautician!) but occasionally I need to use mousse, am definitely going to pick this up!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh lucky you, you've got a good deal going on there ;)
      Let me know how you get on with the mousse Hun. xx

      Delete
  4. this looks like a great tan!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stuff - your comparison pictures really show how good it is! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I obvilously don't use fake tan but I know Lauren's way darker than dark is good as I bought it last Christmas for a friend and she swears by it! Perhaps you could checn out my blog if you get the chance xxx www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about that brand I'll have a look into it. xx

      Delete
  7. I've never tried fake bake before, I'm pretty loyal to my Xen Tan but I love how natural this looks on you so I think I will give it a go once my Xen Tan runs out :D xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog sweet pea now following you through blog lovin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this colour looks amazing! I've never actually tried a fake bake product, I always go for st tropez but this has definitely tempted me to switch things up a bit! What is it like when it comes to fading?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First it fades on my inner elbow areas but it has never gone patchy on me, which is great. xx

      Delete

Back to Top