NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder Sunny

The amount of rave reviews I've read from across the pond of the NYC sunny bronzer, I just had to order myself one to try out. A week after the bronzer arrived from the USA I discovered Superdrug are now stocking the bronzer.....doh!

So the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny is a very popular drug store bronzer & is said to be a great dupe for Benefits Hoola bronzer but less than half the price.

When swatched side by side the two do look extremely similar, with Hoola being just a smidge darker & smoother to the touch. Sunny is also super pigmented so make sure to use a light hand. When applied to the face I think that NYC sunny bronzer can easily lean to the orange side if applied to heavily or not blended well enough. With a light hand & thin applications it does give a nice natural matte bronze to the face.


My all time fave drugstore bronzer is In fact also by NYC & is there 

Sun N Bronze Bronzing Powder in the shade 'montauke bronze'. Comparing the two together, 'Montauk Bronze' comes out on top for me. Even with its slight shimmer, I think it's easier to apply & never sways to the orange side. I opt for this bronzer over my Hoola bronzer any day.


So to round up, as Its hard to come by a good matte bronzer in the drug store & for such a reasonable price NYC Sunny is worth a try. I wouldn't rave about it like i do my 'Montauk Bronze', but then it's also not the worst bronzer I've tried.


£1.99 available from Superdrug


Follow on Bloglovin



16 comments

  1. I do love a matte bronzer so I may have to get this, and it does look like Benefit Dallas which is my HG of bronzers!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this and fond that it's just a little too orange for my cool skintone, but for £1.99 I really can't complain can I?! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For cooler skin tones it really is too orange isn't it, shame. xx

      Delete
  3. Interesting this might be something I will check out! I've been looking for matte bronzers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so hard to come by aren't they. xx

      Delete
  4. So cheap! I'll be sure to try this out next time I come across it :)!

    The Sunday Chapter
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that price tag it's defo worth a go. xx

      Delete
  5. This looks really good! x
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah it's one to add to the collection ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that this can look a bit orange if not blended well but I still like this bronzer. Not bad for the price

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing and for such a bargain! will have to get my hands on this xxxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely going to add this one to the bronzer collection! how can I not for the price? looks a gorgeous shade! xoxo

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool.
    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top